What is the EVHS scheme?
The grant is a 75% contribution towards the cost of one chargepoint and its installation up to a maximum of £500 (including VAT) per household/eligible vehicle.
- Customers must provide evidence of keepership, lease, be named as the primary user of an eligible electric vehicle or have a vehicle on order in order to be able to qualify for the grant.
- A full list of eligible vehicles can be found on the GOV.UK page 'Grant schemes for electric vehicle charging infrastructure'.
- The grant will be claimed for you by Volt-on. We have been authorised by OLEV and have approval from the chargepoint manufacturer to install their accredited equipment.
- The date of installation must not be more than 4 months ahead of the date of delivery or start date of vehicle use.
Who is eligible to claim this grant?
Eligibility is as follows
- Individuals who have taken ownership of a new eligible electric vehicle on or after 1 April 2015 as long as they have not claimed against the previous chargepoint schemes.
- Individuals who have become registered keeper of a second-hand electric vehicle on or after 1 April 2015 are entitled to claim the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme Grant as long as they have not claimed against previous domestic chargepoint schemes.
- Individuals who are assigned a company car for at least six months on or after 1 April 2015.
- Individuals who lease an eligible vehicle for at least six months on or after 1 April 2015.
- Individuals who are named by their employer as the primary user of an eligible electric vehicle for at least six months on or after 1 April 2015. If the named individual changes within six months, a second grant cannot be claimed.
- Individuals who can prove that they have ordered an eligible electric vehicle and the vehicle will be received on or after 1 September 2015.